Arreios for ATSC 3.0
Arreios for ATSC 3.0 is a comprehensive Test Harness and ATSC 3.0 Test Suite, enabling interoperability and conformance testing for ATSC 3.0 digital TV receivers.
Key features include conformance testing for the following technologies widely adopted by ATSC 3.0 standard:
- 4K Ultra-high Definition, high dynamic range and high frame rate video
- Next generation immersive AC-4 Audio
- IMSC1 text and image profile captions
- ATSC 3.0 DASH, ROUTE & MMT protocols and signalling
- ATSC 3.0 HTML 5 application environment
- Advanced emergency alerts
Arreios Test Harness
Arreios Test Harness is the first test harness on the market, designed to test ATSC 3.0 conformance, providing a complete lab test environment for device black box testing.
Arreios Test Harness hardware and software provides advanced automation of tests, which allows a significant proportion of ATSC 3.0 Test Cases to run unattended. This dramatically reduces the time and costs associated with validation and conformance of ATSC 3.0 standards.
ATSC 3.0 Test Suite
The ATSC 3.0 suite of test automation tools enable device manufacturers and their supply chain to reliably and efficiently test a range of scenarios to verify conformance and correct implementation for the wide-range of ATSC 3.0 compliant technologies.
Tests are continuously updated with test types covering W3C Web Media API, video playback (ROUTE / DASH), video transition, captions, AC-4 Audio, broadcast audio and interactive apps. Additional tests will be released in these technical areas, with tests for the following also to be added DRM, VP1 Audio Watermark, MMT (MPEG Media Transport), ESG (Electronic Service Guide), DASH features, ad insertions, SHVC, multiple simultaneous PLPs, LDM (layered divisional multiplexing), RSAT (regional service availability table), HFR (high frame rate).
More information and Resources
For more information about our ATSC 3.0 tools and resources, including Arreios, please use the download links on this page or contact us. Follow the links in the sidebar to download the ATSC 3.0 Test Streams datasheet and the Arreios for ATSC 3.0 datasheet.
- To discuss an impending ATSC 3.0 project or to learn more about our current activities around ATSC 3.0 technology, please get in touch by using our contact form here.
- To read our white paper ‘Conformance Testing for the ATSC 3.0 Standard’ please click here.
- To read our Opinion piece on ATSC 3.0 please click here.
- Visit our ATSC 3.0 Conformance Testing page here