Testing Quality of Experience in Streamed Video Playback
Eurofins Digital Testing has built a unique video streaming Quality of Experience (QoE) Analysis Tool that enables the efficient analysis of hundreds of different video playback runs that result from varying the content type, encoding, network conditions and client device.
Through a cost-effective managed service, we use this platform to enable different players within the OTT video ecosystem to optimize their products and services.
- Content Delivery Networks, who need to ensure the most cost-effective delivery of the high levels of end-user experience demanded by their service provider customers
- OTT Service Providers, wanting to validate that their customers can receive the best possible service whatever device they are using and in varying network conditions
- OTT device manufacturers, testing new devices and video player applications pre-release, within controlled conditions reaching to ‘edge cases’, to be confident their products are performant and robust
- Encoder Providers, developing new technologies to deliver ever higher video quality with more efficient use of network capacity and other resources
Whatever the test scenario, a comprehensive set of QoE metrics is automatically captured and presented using a simple, intuitive web interface that allows rapid but deep analysis of the results. Importantly, a frame-by-frame objective video quality metric, SSIMplus, is measured, which brings deeper insight into QoE than is provided by simpler metrics.
Get in touch with us to discuss how we can tailor a fully managed Streaming Video QoE optimization service for your needs.
Meantime, the following resources will help understand our solution in some more detail:
- Explore sample results with our OTT QoE Test Results Website