This Privacy Notice sets out the basis on which Eurofins processes personal data.
Please read the following carefully to understand Eurofins practices regarding your personal data and how Eurofins will treat it. If you have any questions regarding this Privacy Notice or if you want to lodge a request in relation to your personal information, please contact us via our contact point:
The Data Controller, Eurofins Digital Testing, Kempische Steenweg 303 PO Box 100, B-3500 Hasselt, Belgium
1. Controller Information
The person in charge of the control of your personal information (referred hereinafter as the “controller” or “Eurofins” or “we”) is:
Address: Kempische Steenweg 303 PO Box 100, B-3500 Hasselt, Belgium
Tel: +32 11 303 600, Fax: +32 11 303 690
2. What personal information do we collect and how?
We collect about you the following categories of personal data:
- data about your identity such as your form of greeting, your last name, your first name;
- data about your occupation such as the name of your company and the title of your position;
- information on how to contact you such as your e-mail address, your professional direct phone, your professional direct fax, your mobile phone and your postal address;
- data about your communication preferences such as the language and channel to be used;
- data about your business interests.
Such information is collected through the various interactions that we have with you, for example during a quote request or during a phone conversation or during a meeting during which you give us your business card, or when you fill in a form on our website.
Only the personal information requested should be given. If you do not agree to provide us with this information, you must not do so (e.g. fill in the web forms on our Web pages or answer to our requests). However, if you want to enter into a business relationship with us, you should provide us with the information necessary to enter into the relevant contracts and perform the relevant services.
We may collect data about you via third party data providers such as Zoominfo. We may also consult publicly available websites such as LinkedIn to collect information about your occupation. We also use the user-behaviour tracker tool available on our CRM software (e.g. MailChimp) enabling us to know for example if you opened a newsletter or clicked on a link in order to optimise the content of our newsletters and their usability.
3. Why do we use personal information about you?
We may use information about you for the following purposes:
- Contact you in any means;
- Provide, administer and communicate with you about products, services, events, surveys and promotions by Eurofins or our affiliates (including by sending you marketing communications and newsletters);
- Give you the possibility to attend seminars and trainings;
- Process, evaluate and respond to your requests and enquiries (including quote requests, documentation requests, free tests requests ), inquiries and applications (including for volunteer testings);
- Create, administer and communicate with you about your account (including any purchases and payments);
- Provide investor and customer services;
- Evaluate your interest in employment (including current or future job positions) and contact you regarding possible employment;
- Enter into a business relationship with you;
- Ensure customers satisfaction through sending customers surveys;
- Comply with laws and obligations we are subject to;
- Maintain our software (including but not limited to bug fixes);
- Gathering statistics on your responsiveness towards our emails;
- Be able to make your rights described below exercisable.
We also may use personal information for additional purposes. We will identify these additional purposes at the time of collection if any.
4. Which processing ground(s) do we rely on for processing personal information
In order to process your personal data, depending on the situation, we rely on:
- our legitimate interests (not for sensitive data), being
- ensure performance of a contract entered into with your employer;
- reply to your orders and inquiries;
- recruiting of candidates to fill in any of our present or future job vacancies within one of the companies of the Eurofins group;
- prevention of fraud;
- direct marketing;
- the necessity for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims;
- transfer of information within the group for administrative purposes;
- maintenance (including but not limited to bug fixes) of our database.
- legal obligations (regarding sensitive data, only legal obligations in the field of employment and social security law);
- contract performance, including the continuous improvement of the services provided under such contracts;
- your consent.
5. If you give us your consent to process your personal information for a specific purpose can you withdraw it afterwards?
Yes, you can withdraw your consent in full or in parts at any time by contacting our contact point indicated above.
6. Who will your personal information be transferred to?
Your personal data might be transferred to any Eurofins affiliates (which can be found at https://www.eurofins.com/). We do not sell or otherwise disclose personal information about you to third parties except as described below:
- to trusted businesses or persons to process your personal information for us, based on our instructions and in compliance with applicable privacy laws and regulations;
- to service providers we have retained to perform services on our behalf;
- to companies, organizations or individuals outside of Eurofins if we have a good reason to believe that access, use, preservation or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to:
- execute and enforce contractual terms;
- meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request;
- detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues;
- protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of Eurofins, our users or the public as required or permitted by law;
- to regulatory or law enforcement agencies if we believe in good faith that we are required by law to disclose it in connection with the detection of crime, the collection of taxes or duties, in order to comply with any applicable law or order of a court of competent jurisdiction, or in connection with legal proceedings;
- to third parties as part of a merger, acquisition or bankruptcy, in the event we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets (including through bankruptcy).
7. Will your personal information be transferred outside the EU?
Your personal data might be transferred outside the EU in case one of the recipients stated above is located outside the EU and only to countries for which:
- the European Commission has issued an adequacy decision (which guarantees that an adequate level of protection of personal data is offered in that country);
- you have given explicit consent;
- appropriate safeguards have been provided, such as standard data protection clauses.
8. Which rights do you have over your personal information?
You have the right to ask for:
- accessing your data;
- rectifying your data;
- the portability of the data you provided to us;
- restricting the processing of your data;
- erasing your data.
You also have the right to object to the processing of your data and to complain to the relevant national data protection authority in case these rights are not complied with. An overview of the national data protection authorities is available at the following link: http://ec.europa.eu/newsroom/article29/item-detail.cfm?item_id=612080.
9. How long will we keep your data for?
Your personal data will be stored for a limited period of time, determined with regards to the necessity to keep them in order to serve the purposes for which they have been collected and processed, as listed above.
- Contact details of existing customers: 2 years post end of customer relationship
- Purchase history of existing customers: 5 years post end of customer relationship
- Contact details of potential customer: 2 years post-campaign
- Lifestyle information of potential customer: 2 years post-campaign
- Employment history of Unsuccessful candidates: 12 months post-campaign
- Employment history of successful candidates: 3 years post-employment]
You have the right to access and correct your personal information. Contact Eurofins Digital Testing via the contact details above if you wish any further information, if you have any questions regarding this policy or if you wish to review, update or correct your personal information.
This document was updated on 28 June 2018