Software Development Project Lead, Bristol UK
What do we need:
If you have a technical mindset, a genuine interest in new technologies and proven technical and leadership skills, then this is the job for you!
We are looking for a positive, smart and proactive Software Development Project Lead, to join our team based in central Bristol. You will be part of our continued success in winning and delivering varied software projects with interesting and engaged clients.
Why Should You Apply?
- Competitive pay with a well-established growing international company
- Good benefits and flexible working opportunities
- Great location within the city centre.
- Opportunities to progress and grow with the company.
- Occasional opportunities to travel and work around the UK and internationally.
Skill and experience needed for this role:
We need a Software Development Project Lead who has proven team leadership skills, who can confidently lead a team of talented Software engineers.
We need our Software Development Project Lead to have a proactive, solution finding approach and be able to lead multiple projects simultaneously.
Ideally, you will be willing to undertake a small amount of travel – for example involving an overnight European trip once or twice a month, or day trips to sites within the U.K.
- Ability to understand and assess technical architecture and design and its suitability for purpose.
- Be able to coordinate, review and contribute to estimates, quality assurance activity and documentation.
- Be commercially aware with regards to costing of projects and their business impact
- Understand the intricacies involved in Software Development projects and how to manage the expectations of both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Experience in use of Agile software delivery techniques, such as Scrum, test driven development and continuous integration.
- A passion for new technology and a willingness to be technically “hands-on”: i.e. understand new technologies and discuss them at a technical level with team members and management.
- Experience with testing and validating software or hardware products.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are essential. The individual should be capable of representing the company externally to customers, suppliers and in industry forums.
- Be an honest and transparent team player.
At Eurofins Digital Testing, we recognise that our strength lies within our employees. We employ talented and creative individuals to ensure our business continues to thrive which contributes to a diverse set of skills and specialties.
We share a common interest in establishing Eurofins Digital Testing as the leader at the forefront of the global digital media, software and device testing market.
You will have opportunities to get involved in interesting projects that global brands, including leading broadcasters, media service providers, and device manufacturers depend on to make new technologies work correctly.
Our office environment:
Eurofins Digital Testing strives to create an open and collaborative working environment. We actively support and encourage ideas from all our employees.
We believe in a good work life balance, which is why we work hard, but also make time for fun. We have dedicated social team, who organise events and activities throughout the year; go-karting, climbing, board-games nights are just some examples.
We also have table football, computer games, regular company-wide lunches and fortnightly technical talks on a range of topics.
Just some of the generous benefits we offer are:
- We offer Free gym membership
- Company pension scheme
- Life assurance
- 24/7 Employee Assistance programme (Offering Legal, Financial, Medical advice and counselling)
Eurofins Digital Testing offices are based in Bristol City Centre. We are right next to Cabot Circus shops, Bars and Restaurants. Our office is easy to commute to and has fantastic views over the city centre too. This area is a great place to live and work, with lots going on.
Start date: ASAP
Interview process: Telephone interview followed by a technical and competency-based face to face interview.
Please note, we are unable to offer sponsorship, so can only consider applications from candidates who are able to work and live in the UK without restriction.
Contract Type: Permanent
If you feel that you have the relevant skills for this position of Project Manager, please send a CV and covering letter to EDT-HR@eurofins.com. Please clearly mention the position and country you wish to apply for.