Senior Software Engineer
Senior Software Engineer
About Eurofins Digital Testing: From our central Bristol office, we design and develop world class products. Our customers are leading global brands who depend on us to help them assure the highest quality in devices and media services using emerging technologies in media distribution and consumption.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will need the ability to:
- Lead in a project development context, on product architecture and wholly own technical solutions for new and existing products.
- Interact with customers in a pre-sales and requirements gathering phase.
- Represent Eurofins Digital Testing in standards organisations and industry associations on a technical basis with the awareness of commercial context to interface with sales and business development.
- Provide technical training & mentor other Engineers.
- Acts as a role model among the other engineers in terms of quality of work delivered, methodology, attitude, approachability, initiative and innovation.
- Develop a deep understanding of relevant technical domains and be regarded as subject matter experts by their colleagues.
- Seek to establish, evangelise and improve best practices.
- Contribute new ideas and improvements to products, services, infrastructure or processes beyond their existing experience or that they are familiar with.
The technologies we use
- Python, Django and PHP for the backend
- C/C++ for performance critical features and SDK integration
- Windows and Linux OS
- SVN for version control
- Jenkins for continuous integration
- Redmine for bug tracking
- JIRA for project management
- Slack and wiki for collaboration
Minimum necessary experience
- At least 4 years of software development experience and over 1 year in a senior engineer or leadership role
- Experience of the broadcast and consumer electronics industry, covering technologies like:
- networking and/or content streaming (TCP/IP, HTTP, UDP)
- applications and web-technologies (such as HTML5)
- media formats, e.g. MPEG, H.264, H.265, AAC, ISOBMFF, MPEG-DASH
- Education to degree level in either Computer Science, Electronic Engineering or another technical/scientific subject.
We recognise that our strength lies within our employees, so we strive to create an open and collaborative working environment where we encourage ideas from everyone.
We allocate at least 1 day a month for you to focus on your own development, on top of formal training.
We host regular company-wide breakfast and lunches, as well as fortnightly technical talks on a range of topics.
We have a dedicated social team, who organise events and activities throughout the year: go-karting, climbing, cocktail masterclass, pool, board games nights are just some examples.
Due to the nature of our work involving interaction with bulky hardware, the place of work is our office in the Bristol City Centre, right next to Cabot Circus and many shops, bars and restaurants. Our brand-new office is easy to commute to and has fantastic views over the city. We have a large kitchen with table football, video games, chess and provide free fruit for the office.
Why Should You Apply?
- Working on current and emergent broadcast technologies
- Opportunities to progress and grow within the company
- Competitive pay within a well-established and growing international company
- Flexible working opportunities
- Great benefits:
- Full Gym membership (taxable benefit)
- Discounts with many retailers
- Season ticket loan scheme
- Life insurance
- Mobile phone insurance
- 24 days holiday
- Matched contribution pension scheme up to 5%
- Summer and Christmas social events
- Great location within the city centre
- Opportunities to travel around the UK and internationally
Start date: ASAP – This is a full time and permanent position
Interview process: Initial telephone interview, if successful an online coding test to assess technical coding skills and a face to face interview will be arranged. A further and final face to face interview may be required prior to a final decision being made.
Please send a CV and covering letter to EDT-HR@eurofins.com. Please clearly mention the position you wish to apply for.
Please note: All candidates must be able to work without restriction in the UK.