What Do We Need:
We are looking for a positive, smart and proactive person, interested in a technical project management role, to join our team based in central Bristol.
We offer great career opportunities - we are passionate about supporting your development with opportunities to train in new skills, work on diverse projects and gain valuable industry experience.
We also offer an innovative and challenging environment - we get to work on the latest technologies involved in digital media on consumer electronics devices, and we use the latest software tools and techniques in our work.
At Eurofins Digital Testing, we recognise that our strength lies within our employees. We employ talented and creative individuals to ensure our business continues to thrive which contributes to a diverse set of skills and specialties.
We share a common interest in establishing Eurofins Digital Testing as the leader at the forefront of the global digital media, software and device testing market.
You will have opportunities to get involved in interesting projects that global brands, including leading broadcasters, media service providers, and device manufacturers depend on to make new technologies work correctly.
Eurofins Digital Testing strives to create and open and collaborative working environment. We actively support and encourage ideas from all our employees.
It’s an exciting time for us as we are in the process of refurbishing our offices to create a unique space for our employees to work in alongside a social space in our kitchen breakout area.
We believe in a good work life balance, which is why we work hard, but also make time for fun. We have dedicated social team, who organise events and activities throughout the year; go-karting, climbing, board-games nights are just some examples.
We also have table football, computer games, chess, regular company-wide lunches and fortnightly technical talks on a range of topics.
We’re looking for a candidate with proven team leadership qualities to join the team as a Project Manager on a full time and permanent basis. In this role, the successful candidate will lead a team of engineers, carrying out technical project management activities to ensure successful delivery of our internal and customer led projects and to provide technical direction and oversight of the team’s work.
As Project Manager, you will be responsible for multiple projects simultaneously; either involving delivering software based testing tools and test materials which we sell ‘off the shelf’ to customers, or bespoke customer projects. There may also be some UK and European travel, possibly including a need to work for some defined period at a customer site, if you are happy to do so, depending on the requirements of a project.
This role may also support our research and standards monitoring activities and the pre-sales stages of projects and could be customer facing depending on the nature of the project.
We also encourage project managers to ‘own’ the products they’ve been closely involved in developing and this would involve helping define the technical scope for product updates, oversight of customer support and tracking product metrics.
Our project managers also provide line management to a handful of engineers, and depending on experience would take on this responsibility with this role. This involves helping our staff develop to their true potential and providing pastoral care and support.
- Ensuring projects are well run with appropriate management of scope, schedule, quality and budget in accordance with the Eurofins Digital Testing Development Policy.
- Creating and owning project documentation, including bid responses, estimates, feature specifications, project plans, quality plans and project Statements of Work.
- This role is accountable for successful project delivery and for keeping the management team fully up to date with the status of projects.
- Liaising with customers and other stakeholders for externally facing projects.
- Mentor and develop team members providing guidance and direction.
- Day-to-day task allocation and priority setting for the team.
- Reviewing and overseeing technical work of team, ensuring it is of sufficient quality.
- Promote the use of best practices.
- Line management is a possibility for this role depending on candidate experience.
- Understand and assess technical specifications and customer requirements.
- Understand and assess technical architecture and design and its suitability for purpose.
- Review and contribute to estimates, quality assurance activity and documentation.
Managing 2nd line support activities for Eurofins Digital Testing existing products and test suites.
The successful candidate will have proven experience in both software development and team leadership or project management, preferably in the digital TV, consumer electronics product or web domains.
- 1st Class or Higher Degree qualified in a relevant technical discipline.
- Previous experience of team leadership, not necessarily in a formal management role.
- Experience in use of Agile software delivery techniques, such as Scrum, test driven development and continuous integration.
- A passion for new technology and a willingness to be technically “hands-on”: i.e. understand new technologies and discuss them at a technical level with team members and management.
- Experience and understanding of current and future digital TV technologies.
- Experience with testing and validating software or hardware products.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are essential. The individual should be capable of representing the company externally to customers, suppliers and in industry forums.
- Strong interpersonal skills and enjoy working in a team
- Willing to undertake a small amount of travel – for example involving an overnight European trip once or twice a month, or day trips to sites within the U.K.
- Desirable: experience of line management, mentoring others or having responsibility for other people.
- Desirable: proven project management experience in technology-based product or service delivery, including demonstrable success in delivering projects on schedule.
Just Some of the Benefits We Offer...
- We offer Free gym membership
- Company pension scheme
- 24/7 Employee Assistance programme (Offering Legal, Financial, Medical advice and counselling)
Eurofins Digital Testing offices are based in Bristol City Centre. We are right next to Cabot Circus shops, Bars and Restaurants. Our office is easy to commute to and has fantastic views over the city centre too. This area is a great place to live and work, with lots going on.
Why Should You Apply?
- Competitive pay with a well-established growing international company
- Good benefits and flexible working opportunities
- Great location within the city centre.
- Opportunities to progress and grow with the company.
- Occasional opportunities to travel and work around the UK and internationally.
Start Date: ASAP
Telephone interview followed by a face to face interview, and if selected a final stage face to face interview.
Please note, we are unable to offer sponsorship, so can only consider applications from candidates who are able to work and live in the UK without restriction.
Only applications with a CV will be processed