Lead Technical Engineer , Full Time - Bristol UK
Full Time, Lead Technical Engineer based in the Bristol office.
We need an experienced Lead Technical Engineer, to join our talented engineering team based in Bristol.
You will help identify and break down technical requirements, design, develop and deliver software!
You will proactively manage your own tasks and that of other team members, to steer the technical work ensuring the high-level goals of each project, are met.
We try to be agile in some of the things we do (we like continuous integration) and we’re always looking to improve the way we work (this is where you come in).
You will attend and help drive daily stand-up meetings and sprint-retrospectives. You will need to demonstrate flexibility in your approach and be willing to assist with all aspects of our work.
Necessary skills, qualifications and experience
- Proven employment-based experience in a relevant technical role, which has included both software development and technical leadership responsibilities, helping to achieve deadlines and working software!
- Evidence of being educated to degree level in either a Computer Science, Electronic Engineering or another technical or scientific subject.
- Excellent communicator: you are equally adept at sketching a design out on a whiteboard and confident to talk through this with your peers, as you are writing up the technical summary of a technology, a product design or a bug fix, or sections of a proposal for internal R&D or customer facing work.
- We work with Specifications for some of the leading-edge technologies in our industry, working out how to test implementations, so be prepared to demonstrate an eye for detail, diligence and of investigating deeply technical issues, and an interest in tech!
- Willing and able to travel in the UK and internationally, including working at customer premises for a defined period.
Additional desirable and relevant experience, that would set a candidate apart:
- Experience of working within the broadcast & consumer electronics industry, ideally covering technologies like:
- networking and/or content streaming (TCP/IP, HTTP, UDP).
- applications and web-technologies (such as HTML5).
- media formats, e.g. MPEG, H.264, H.265, AAC, ISOBMFF, MPEG-DASH, especially experience in creating, modifying, and analysing such formats.
- A demonstrable interest in software engineering best practices: you care about source control, continuous integration testing and writing clean code.
- Experience in both a customer facing work environment, technical team leadership role, and/or in a professional situation presenting on a topic to a large audience.
At Eurofins Digital Testing, we recognise that our strength lies within our employees. We employ talented and creative individuals to ensure our business continues to thrive which contributes to a diverse set of skills and specialties.
We share a common interest in establishing Eurofins Digital Testing as the leader at the forefront of the global digital media, software and device testing market. This means staying at the cutting edge of trends in our industry, providing expertise and products to the leading brands in consumer electronics, broadcast and broadband media technology.
Eurofins Digital Testing strives to create an open and collaborative working environment. We actively support and encourage ideas from all our employees.
We believe in a good work life balance. Which is why we work hard, but also make time for fun. We have an open plan kitchen, a dedicated social team, who organise events and activities throughout the year; go-karting, climbing, board-games nights are just some examples.
Our Bristol office also has table football, computer games, chess, regular company-wide lunches and fortnightly technical talks on a range of topics.
Eurofins Digital Testing offices are based in Bristol City Centre. We are right next to Cabot Circus and many bars and restaurants. Our office is easy to commute to and has fantastic views over the city centre too. This area is a great place to live and work, with lots going on.
Due to the nature of our work involving interaction with bulky hardware, we cannot offer remote working for this role.
Why Should You Apply?
- Competitive pay with a well-established and growing international company.
- Great benefits and flexible working opportunities.
- Great location within the city centre.
- Opportunities to progress and grow with the company.
- Occasional opportunities to travel and work around the UK and internationally.
Start date: ASAP
Interview process: All applicants must complete an online coding test, if coding results are positive, an initial interview will be arranged and if selected, there will be a final stage competency-based interview.
All applications should be emailed to email@example.com.