Graduate Software Engineers
We are looking for 2 Graduate Software Engineers, to join our engineering team on a full time and permanent basis.
We offer great career opportunities; we are passionate about supporting your development with opportunities to train in new skills, work on diverse projects and gain valuable industry experience.
We also offer an innovative and challenging environment; we get to work on the latest technologies involved in digital media on consumer electronics devices and we use the latest software tools and techniques in our work.
You will design, develop and deliver software tools for testing consumer electronic devices (often TVs). You’ll have the opportunity to be part of every aspect of this work and we believe communication is the foundation for great teams, so you’ll take part in planning the project, daily stand-up meetings and sprint-retrospectives. We try to be agile in some of the things we do (we like continuous integration) and we’re always looking to improve the way we work (this is where you come in).
We also deliver our customers own projects and this role could involve occasional travel. For example: to attend customer sites, our other labs in Europe and even to work within a customer’s own team at their premises for an extended period, if you are happy to do so. The successful candidate will be outgoing and comfortable working in a professional manner with customers and colleagues.
- Design, build and test our testing applications and frameworks.
- Develop work breakdown structures and corresponding estimates.
- Analyse complex technical standards to determine testing requirements and approach.
- Contribute new ideas and improvements to the engineering team and the wider organisation (we set aside roughly one day a month for engineers to work on their own ideas).
- Report progress & status and escalate issues to project managers.
- Provide technical support to both colleagues and customers.
You will need to demonstrate flexibility in approach and be willing to assist with all aspects of our work.
Eurofins Digital Testing strives to create and open and collaborative working environment. We actively support and encourage ideas from all our employees.
It’s an exciting time for us as we have a newly refurbished office which is a unique space for our employees to work in alongside a social space in our kitchen breakout area.
We believe in a good work life balance. Which is why we work hard, but also make time for fun. We have a dedicated social team, who organise events and activities throughout the year; go-karting, climbing, board-games nights are just some examples.
We also have table football, computer games, chess, regular company-wide lunches and fortnightly technical talks on a range of topics.
Minimum Candidate Requirements
- Recent graduate with upper second-class degree in Computer Science, Electronic Engineering or another technical or scientific subject, or equivalent experience, which included programming modules.
- Demonstrate an interest in software development beyond that required for the degree.
- Excellent communicator: you are equally adept at sketching a design out on a whiteboard as you are writing the technical summary of a bug fix.
- Can demonstrate an eye for detail and are diligent. You are comfortable investigating deeply technical issues and summarising the findings to present to stakeholders.
- Experience working in a team to deadlines.
- Willing to travel in the UK and internationally, including working at customer premises for a defined period.
- The ability to work without restriction in the UK and a current passport are required.
Additional relevant experience that would set a candidate apart:
- A demonstrable interest in software engineering best practices: you care about source control, continuous integration testing and writing clean code.
- Knowledge of computer networking and/or content streaming (TCP/IP, HTTP, UDP).
- Knowledge of media formats, e.g. MPEG, H.264, AAC, ISOBMFF, MPEG-DASH, especially experience in creating, modifying, and analysing such formats.
- Experience in a customer facing work environment, or in a team leadership role, or in a professional situation presenting on a topic to a large audience.
Just some of the benefits we offer are:
- Gym membership
- Company pension scheme
- 24/7 Employee Assistance programme (Offering Legal, Financial, Medical advice and counselling).
- and many more
At Eurofins Digital Testing, we recognise that our strength lies within our employees. We employ talented and creative individuals to ensure our business continues to thrive which contributes to a diverse set of skills and specialties.
We share a common interest in establishing Eurofins Digital Testing as the leader at the forefront of the global digital media, software and device testing market.
You will have opportunities to get involved in interesting projects that global brands, including leading broadcasters, media service providers, and device manufacturers, depend on to make new technologies work correctly.
Eurofins Digital Testing offices are based in Bristol City Centre. We are right next to Cabot Circus and many bars and restaurants. Our office is easy to commute to and has fantastic views over the city centre too. This area is a great place to live and work, with lots going on.
Why Should You Apply?
- Competitive pay with a well-established and growing international company.
- Good benefits and flexible working opportunities.
- Great location within the city centre.
- Opportunities to progress and grow with the company.
- Occasional opportunities to travel and work around the UK and internationally.
Start date: ASAP
Interview process: Telephone interview followed by an online coding test and if selected, final stage is a face to face interview
Please note, we are unable to offer sponsorship, so can only consider applications from candidates who are able to work and live in the UK without restriction.
Note: only applications with a CV will be processed