Graduate Junior Software Engineer
Graduate / Junior Software Engineer
Are you looking to launch your career within the broadcast industry? Here in our central Bristol office, we design and develop world class products. Our customers are leading global brands who depend on us to help them assure the highest quality in devices and media services using emerging technologies in media distribution and consumption.
As a Graduate/Junior Software Engineer, you will need the ability to:
- Design, build and test our testing applications and frameworks.
- Develop work breakdown structures and corresponding estimates.
- Analyse complex technical standards to determine testing requirements and approach.
- Contribute new ideas and improvements to the engineering team and the wider organisation (we set aside roughly one day a month for engineers to work on their own ideas).
- Report progress & status and escalate issues to project managers.
- Provide technical support to both colleagues and customers.
- Demonstrate flexibility in approach and be willing to assist with all aspects of our work.
- Demonstrate a keen eye for detail, diligence, and a logical thought process.
The technologies we use
- Python, Django and PHP for the backend
- C/C++ for performance critical features and SDK integration
- Windows and Linux OS
- SVN for version control
- Jenkins for continuous integration
- Redmine for bug tracking
- JIRA for project management
- Slack and wiki for collaboration
Desirable skills, experience and qualifications
- Any commercial software development experience
- Knowledge of the broadcast and consumer electronics industry technologies such as:
- networking and/or content streaming (TCP/IP, HTTP, UDP)
- applications and web-technologies (such as HTML5)
- media formats, e.g. MPEG, H.264, H.265, AAC, ISOBMFF, MPEG-DASH, especially in creating, modifying, and analysing such formats
- Education to degree level in either Computer Science, Electronic Engineering or another technical/scientific subject.
We recognise that our strength lies within our employees, so we strive to create an open and collaborative working environment where we encourage ideas from everyone.
We allocate at least 1 day a month for you to focus on your own development, on top of formal training.
We host regular company-wide breakfast and lunches, as well as fortnightly technical talks on a range of topics.
We have a dedicated social team, who organise events and activities throughout the year: go-karting, climbing, cocktail masterclass, pool, board games nights are just some examples.
Due to the nature of our work involving interaction with bulky hardware, the place of work is our office in the Bristol City Centre, right next to Cabot Circus and many shops, bars and restaurants. Our brand-new office is easy to commute to and has fantastic views over the city. We have a large kitchen with table football, video games, chess and provide free fruit for the office.
Why Should You Apply?
- Working on current and emergent broadcast technologies
- Opportunities to progress and grow within the company
- Competitive pay within a well-established and growing international company
- Flexible working opportunities
- Great benefits via Perkbox
- Superb location within Bristol city centre
- Opportunities to travel around the UK and internationally
Start date: ASAP – This is a full time, permanent position.
Interview process: All applicants must complete an online coding test to assess technical coding skills, if successful a telephone interview will be arranged. Final stage is a face to face interview
Please send a CV and covering letter to EDT-HR@eurofins.com. Please clearly mention the position you wish to apply for.
Please note: All candidates must be able to work without restriction in the UK.