Eurofins Digital Testing has a rich pedigree in working within the Utilities Sector with some of our major utility customer relationships now exceeding 6 years. This has given us a strong awareness and experience of the overall environment in which the industry operates and the key challenges it faces now and in the future.
We provide many of our services to our utility customers ranging from specific niche expertise supporting agile and DevOps driven test support through to full managed test services.
At a power company based in Scotland for example we are the test partner of choice providing a complete test service supporting all four of its key workstreams. This includes:
- Supporting Energy Management and Renewables systems (e.g. Trading, Credit & Risk, Settlements, Compliance, Portfolio Analysis and Controls)
- BAU Testing of over 50 applications of the Energy Management system
- Providing test expertise to support the customer’s Retail Business Processes (e.g. Acquisitions, Energy Services, Tariff Management)
- Energy Networks BAU activities and changes to SAP and other IT systems, including industry mandated Key and Regulatory systems including Meter Point Registration Services, ADQM (Address Data Management) and Durabill
- Representing the customer’s Energy Network workstream at an industry level, taking part in the industry wide testing of the Department of Energy and Climate Change’s solution
- Supporting the testing of the customer’s Energy Network Smart metering project
- Liaising and working closely with the customer’s external relationships through connectivity testing with companies such as Elexon, National Grid, Reuters and Transco
- Supporting corporate systems including Health and Safety, Web Centre and Integrated Security Systems.
Our support for this customer is underpinned by the use of testers with a strong technical background aligned to the latest project methodologies and deployment of best fit tool sets.